Ultimate chocolate cake
105g caster sugar
20g unsweetened cocoa powder
60g melted butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ovalette
1 tsp vanilla essence
45g low fat milk
160g 60% (bittersweet) chocolate chopped
160g milk/semi-sweet chocolate chopped
1 1/2cup lite sour cream
80g semi-sweet chocolate chopped
100g heavy cream
Chocolate sponge cake
1. Beat the eggs and milk at low speed.
2. Add the dry ingredients and ovalette, and continue beating at low speed for 1 min then swith to high speed and beat for 6 minutes
3. Add vanilla essence and melted butter to mixture and beat at medium speed until well mixed
1.Melt chocolate in a double boiler/heatproof bowl over barely simmering water.
2. Beat in the sour cream until well mixed.
Layer cakes to about 1cm (my preference) divide frosting accordding to the number of layers you are planning to set. e.g 3 layers, divide frosting into 4 portions. 4 layers>5 portions so on and so forth.
Dot a little rum on each songe cake layer before spreading the frosting. Use remaining to frost top and sides of the cake.
1. Heat heavy cream to boil.
2. pour heated cream over chocolate and mix until homogeneous.
3. Let it cool a little, and pour over cake. (You can choose to cover the whole cake with the ganache. But be warned, it’s goin to be very rich!)
4. Chill for about 15mins.
5. ready for devour